IT Consultant Apprentice
Employment Type: Full time
Education Level: GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
Experience: None Required
Job Location Type: Office based with onsite support to our customers
Location: 20 apex court, Woodlands, Bradley Stoke,
How Close Do You Need To Live: Within 20 miles of Office
Salary: £12,000 - £14,000
Working under the Team Leader to provide efficient and effective IT Support to the customers of any of the We Do Your Group companies
As this is an apprentice post, the job holder will be required to shadow the IT Consultants in various technical areas and types of work to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of IT Consultation. This will be via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding.
To attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an Apprenticeship Certificate.
To efficiently undertake basic IT support which includes the following duties as directed:
- To follow the systems and procedures
- To deal with incoming emails and support requests in a timely and polite manner
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible customer records
- To deal with incoming calls and emails and to provide support to our customers covering both administrative and first line technical support
- To book in support requests with our team
- To perform basic daily and weekly tasks
- Turning on statistics dashboard daily
- Weekly backup
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- To adhere with our core values and ‘why’
- To provide excellent customer service
- To Take ownership of customers’ issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Identify where you may not be technically capable and ensure a detailed hand off of the job is completed.
- To help build good customer relationships
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- To manage customer expectations
- To be willing to complete out-of-hours work when necessary to complete a job on time or to cause less disruption.
In collaboration with the Team Leader:
- To work with the team leader to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely fashion
- To understand our mission and support the team leader in achieving this.
- To adhere to processes and systems put in place
- Keep ahead of the industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
In collaboration with the Directors:
- To attend regular review meetings
- To provide reports as requested
Throughout the training period, the post holder will be expected to complete all education and training as required and to sign a learning contract with the training provider and adhere to the agreement.